Writing an Effective Legal Brief for Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and Convention Against Torture Claims Training
Friday April 27
- By: Asian Americans Advancing Justice/Los Angeles, Center for Gender & Refugee Studies
- Time: 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles1145 Wilshire Blvd., 1st Floor, Community RoomLos Angeles, CA
- Website: cgrs.uchastings.edu
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Writing an Effective Legal Brief for Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and Convention Against Torture Claims This practical skills training will focus on writing an effective legal brief for claims involving asylum, withholding of removal, and protection under the Convention Against Torture. The focus of the training will be on legal briefs submitted to the asylum office and immigration court. An overview of the appellate process and structure of appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals and federal courts of appeal will also be discussed.
To register for this event, please click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1.5 hours General MCLE per each Training
- Attachment(s): AAAJ-LA_Trainings_4_27_18.pdf