U Visas: The Silver Lining for Crime Survivors
Tuesday March 21
- By: American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
The U visa is a valuable tool that should be included in every immigration attorney’s toolbox, and attorneys should always explore the potential for U visa relief if no other relief is available. Panelists will review basic procedure and strategy, and discuss important recent issues arising in U visa applications.
- Filing Tips, Filing I-192 Waivers, and Responding to RFEs
- Working with Certifying Agencies to Obtain U Visa Certification
- New Crimes and Certifying Agencies, Including the U.S. Department of Labor
- Exhaustion of U Visas and Delays in Adjudication
- U Visa Application During Removal Proceedings and Applicants in ICE Detention
- Other Hot Topics: Substantial Harm, Derivatives, U Adjustment and Continuous Physical Presence, and Expedite Requests
- Cecelia Friedman Levin (DL), AILA VAWA, Us, and Ts Committee Co-Chair, Suffield, MD*
- Rex Chen, New York, NY*
- Alyssa C. Reed, Commerce City, CO*
*Invited, not confirmed
For more information and to register, click here. You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on March 20, 2017.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who register for and dial in to the seminar only. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the seminar and use your own telephone line to participate in the call. Therefore, persons who listen in on the call as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.