U Visa & VAWA: Assisting Survivors of Domestic Violence and Other Crimes
Tuesday March 21
- By: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
State Bar of California180 Howard StreetSan Francisco, CAMap: maps.google.com
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Join us for a full-day training to learn how to assist immigrant survivors of domestic violence and other crimes, including when to apply for a U visa vs. self-petitioning under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the requirements for both, the process for both, and practice tips for working with clients.
- Angel Graf, Supervising Attorney – Immigration Center for Women and Children
- Mary Beth Kaufman, Partner – Law Offices of Stanton & Kaufman
- Sally Kinoshita - Deputy Director, ILRC
- Catherine Seitz, Legal Director – Legal Services for Children
- Ilyce Shugall, Directing Attorney, Immigration Program – Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
For more information and to register, click here. The registration deadline is March 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm.
- CLE Credit Comments: MCLE: 6.5 CA