The City Bar Justice Center’s Immigrant Justice Project (IJP) assists asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their home countries, survivors of violent crimes and trafficking here in the United States, and individuals seeking humanitarian protection and other forms of relief.
Our staff and volunteer attorneys represent clients before U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (“USCIS”), the Executive Office for Immigration Review (“EOIR”), including both the immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals (“BIA”), and the federal courts for eligible applicants who reside in New York City.
Our free legal services include:
- Legal protections for victims of violence, including domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Visas for immigrant victims of human trafficking;
- Asylum representation;
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) applications;
- Temporary Protected Status applications; and
- Other forms of immigration relief.